Hey Houston… Wanna Write? Well You’re Running Out of Time…
Hey you guys!!! We’re looking for authors. That’s right, the Houston Metroblog is looking for authors. We want you! Unfortunately, you’re running out of time!!
Seriously! Okay, here’s the dirt. Have you ever looked at the MetBlog and thought “Hey, I could do that!” or “Fyre sucks! I could be so much better!” or even “WTF? Those people don’t know Houston like I do!” Well, here’s your chance to prove it.
Here’s what we’re looking for (err, that would be, the requirements):
- Must live in the Greater Houston Area (college students, okay)
- Must be willing, and able, to post 2-3 times per week
- Must be alive (Sorry, but we don’t support Zombie rights)
- Must be willing to share experiences, knowledge, information, tips, or zanyness about H-town
- Must be willing, and able, to post 2-3 times per week (yeah, that’s, uhm, important)
- Must be a blogger, with an active blog (LiveJournal, MSN Spaces, Xanga, etc… do count)
- Must go to http://www.metroblogging.com/apply.phtml by tonight, to apply
So what do you get out of this deal? The sense of knowing that you’re involved in something big. Recognition. Promotion of your own blog (we have a blogroll, and those nifty-q author bio pages). Participation in the largest citizen journalism movement in the world (err, that would be “help make Internet history”). The chance to rub elbows with Mr. Podcast, “C-Dogg” (Chris Doelle), a handful of A-list bloggers, and all of the rest of our Houston MetBlog family. Finally, better than anything else, the fact that we all get together at random places, from time to time, forget about blogging, and just hang (you haven’t lived until you’ve seen a group of bloggers have one too many margaritas).
Before you even ask, here’s some random questions that I’m sure will come up:
- Will I make money? Not directly. This is a volunteer type of thing. But, there are prizes given out, occasionally.
- I don’t have a blog, can I still apply? Sorry, right now we’re only accepting applications from existing bloggers.
- I only have a LiveJournal… That’s okay. LJ, DJ, GJ, Anything-J counts. Even Xanga, MSN Spaces, etc.. The only thing that doesn’t automatically count, is a MySpace “blog.”
- What if I can’t make 2-3 times a week? Right now, we’re looking for authors who can churn out at least two to three posts per week. These don’t have to be epic posts, or anything. Even a short post, providing information on some up-and-coming something, counts.
- What if I get sick/go out of town/can’t blog Just get in touch with our wonderful city captain, Katya, and let her know. Exceptions are made, when they need to be. We’re not standing over you with a whip, or anything. If you get sick, go out of town, or even just need a week off, that’s cool.
- So does this really kick as much ass as you say it does? You betcha!
Remember, folks. You need to get those applications in, as soon as possible (that means, today). It’s just a short form to fill out. Get that filled out, submitted, and we’ll get back to ya, soon. We’re looking to bring new folks in, within the next week or so, so get to typing!